Tablet weaving

Here’s some new stuff on tablet weaving, following our recent workshop at the on_the_fly_collect(_) playing with weaving patterns and their history (a blog post on how this connects e.g. with the inability for governments to use digital tools to make decisions with here)

Inspired more than a little by AdaCad, I updated a tablet weaving simulation I’d neglected for some time, mainly to extend the language to allow it to describe some of the ancient Viking and Bronze age patterns as examples you can load and tweak, some of which are shown below…

comps

1 Like

Very cool, thanks! Is there a specific browser requirement? The “Weave me” button doesn’t seem to do anything for me (Chrome on Android, at the moment).

1 Like

Thanks for the bug report! Well that’s strange - I moved the button to the left and you can now click on it on mobile… there is something funky with the layout - I’m going to rewrite this soon and incorporate this other simulation we made for the Penelope project as well (and make it so you can load/save your own patterns there too).

Thanks for this inspiration to find my old weaving cards to try some of these viking patterns. BTW, the WeaveMe button does work on a Macbook using Monterey OS and Firefox.

1 Like

Thanks, it now works great on my phone, very cool! I’ve heard good things from people who attended your Barcelona workshop (I was sick and unable to attend, unfortunately).

Glen.

1 Like